One Pot Ground Beef RecipesBy Rob Poulos...
Often our busy lives interfere with our ability to create healthy meals for fat loss, but sometimes we just think we don’t have time to create healthy homemade meals. Taking a simple ingredient like ground beef provides us with a wealth of healthy recipes that can be made easily, quickly or even in one pot.
When it comes to ground beef recipes it’s important to look beyond your basic chili and burgers. There are many other ways—that include vegetables—that you can get your beef fix without adding cheese, bread or high calorie condiments. One pot recipes in particular are a great way to eat good without spending all evening in the kitchen.
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 lbs. zucchini, cut in half & sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. black pepper & salt
- 1 (26 oz.) jar pasta sauce
- Cook bell pepper, onion and beef in a large skillet until beef is brown.
- Drain grease and return to skillet.
- Add garlic, salt, basil and pepper and stir.
- Stir in zucchini and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 15 minutes until zucchini is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce, season to taste, and cook 7 minutes until sauce is heated through.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Serving Size: 1 cup
Protein: 18.7 g
Fat: 10 g
Carbs: 18 g
Change It Up
Your options are virtually limitless when it comes to creating one pot ground beef recipes. Replacing a few key ingredients or adding all new ones can give you an entirely different dish. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavor profiles for easy meals that can help you shed excess body fat.
Try these variations on this ground beef recipe:
- Replace zucchini with cabbage and serve over brown rice.
- Use salsa instead of pasta sauce and add Mexican cheese.
- Add beans and broth and turn this into a time-saving soup.
- Add butternut squash instead of zucchini for a different flavor.
- Add mushrooms, oregano and thyme.
The trick to healthy ground beef recipes is the quality of beef you choose. You need to use lean or extra lean ground beef, which will cost a little more, but your diet and your heart will appreciate it. The leaner the beef, the lower your fat intake will be.
Remember that a healthy one pot meal should include vegetables for additional fat burning. You can add grains such as quinoa or pasta, but high fiber vegetables are the perfect combination for fat burning.